Wednesday 4 June 2008

Take That - Monty Don Intending To Make Full Recovery

since suffering a minor stroke.

Don, 52, appeared at the Hay Festival in Hay-on-Wye today where he told an audience that he was "very happy" to no longer be filming for 12 hours a day.

"I'm fine and recovering well," he said.

"I can't do regular… you know what TV is like with 12 hour days. I'm very happy to take that burden off me."

The gardening presenter said he was enjoying "pottering round" and was intending on making a "full recovery and do what I can when I can".

Don suffered a minor stroke six weeks ago which forced him to give up his presenting job on Gardeners' World.

The 52-year-old presented the BBC show for five years after taking over from Alan Titchmarsh in 2003.


26/05/2008 15:59:16




See Also